They overcome the main drawback associated with a gas smoker – the build-up of heat during the cooking process. Electric smokers tend to maintain a steady and controllable temperature, giving you the ability to cook barbecue food exactly the way you like it without the guesswork.
The only downside is that many home electric smokers lack room for full-sized cuts of meat – or you may not be able to smoke on a solid outdoor patio – but they’re perfect for the at-home chef.
The models in the following list are the best electric smokers on the market for value, usability, and quality.
|Weber 22-inch Smokey Mountain Cooker||Best Overall|
|Easy Off Professional Fume Free Max Oven Cleaner||Budget Pick|
|Bradley Smoker BTDS108P 990223 Bradley Digital 6 Rack Smoker||Upgrade Pick|
1. Weber 22-inch Smokey Mountain Cooker
- Built-in temperature gauge
- Perfect for small spaces and tailgating
- Easy to clean
- Accurate temperature controller
- Takes longer to smolder than gas or electric smokers
- Needs constant attention when smoking
Cooking with charcoal is as old as time itself. And the Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker is well-known among some of the most committed charcoal smokers.
It is made of heavy-duty steel, which can usually withstand years of continuous use. And upon researching we found out that the average smoker lives to be over 10 years old!
The Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker is a bullet-shaped piece of charcoal smoking equipment, which has a lot of advantages over gas or electric smokers.
2. Carpathen Smoke Tube
- Cold smoking system
- Very quiet and portable
- Easy to use and clean
- Durable and easy to use
- Automatic ventilation system
- Solid steel construction
- Great customer support
- High-quality materials and durable
Here we present you the “Carpathen Smoke Tube”, a pellet smoker which is designed to connect to your gas grill for cold smoking, smoking cheese, fish, pork, beef, nuts, etc.
It is made from professional grade stainless steel and will last for a lifetime. The “Carpathen Smoke Tube” cold smoker is very easy to use and is very quiet.
It is also very portable and fits any gas grill model. The “Carpathen Smoke Tube” smoker will smoke the food for approximately five hours, thanks to its sprinkler infused insulation.
3. Smokin-It Model #2 Electric Smoker
- Has 500 square inches of smoking area
- Efficient electric heating element
- Runs on a single 15 amp circuit
- Removable aluminum tray for easy cleaning
- Available in 2 sizes (4.5' to 5.6')
- FDA-approved for food preparation
- This unit is a little more expensive than the others
- Takes a while to get up to temperature
The Smokin-it Electric Smoker is the perfect smoker for backyard cooking. It comes with a 5 year limited warranty and is factory tested. It is UL listed and cord and hose connected.
It has a removable aluminum tray for easy cleaning and comes with a unitized injection and propane burner. It has adjustable smoke stacks that allow for heavy long smoking at a high temperature or adjustable short smoking with a slight temperature drop.
This unit heats quickly and has an aluminum construction. The unit comes with an efficient electric heating element and uses single phase 15 Amp standard household circuits.
4. Masterbuilt MB20071117 Digital Electric Smoker
- Large 30 inch external cooking area
- Durable enough to survive an accident
- Cost effective
The MasterBuilt electric smoker is an affordable electric smoker you can enjoy at any time. The digital control panel with an LCD display makes it easy to track and adjust cooking temperatures.
5. Easy Off Professional Fume Free Max Oven Cleaner
- Available in different quantities
- Ideal for recreational vehicles like boats, RVs, boats, travel trailers, etc.
- Contains no CFCs or isocyanates
- Cleans gunk and grime
- Some fumes can get a little nauseating
- Not ideal for large jobs
The Easy Off Professional fume free oven cleaner is an economical, efficient alternative to your usual oven cleaner.
It works by using a solvent spray which dissolves the hard grease and grime that cakes and burns onto your oven's surface. The fume-free solvent is completely non-toxic and is ideal for homes which have pets and children around.
Easy Off Professional oven cleaner does a great job at dissolving grease, grime, and old food spills. It's ideal for both ovens, and grill grates, and can even be used on your range hood and microwave.
6. Masterbuilt 20070910 30-Inch Black Electric Digital Smoker
- Large food capacity
- Simple to use
- Custom control up to 250F
- Multiple accessory hooks
- Built-in 2-tier racks
- Two-year warranty
The Masterbuilt 30-inch Electric Digital Smoker is an all-in-one smoker with the capacity to smoke, roast, bake and braise. It offers a compact size which makes it hard to beat for people with small kitchens.
Even though it doesn’t take up a lot of space inside your kitchen, it offers a large 1350 sq. in. of cooking space. That’s plenty of room for up to 16 whole chickens, or around 75 pounds of meat.
The digital control panel has a meat and grilling temperature probe which gives you the spoiled chef ability to adjust your temperature to whatever you want.
7. Smoke Hollow 26142E 26-Inch Electric Smoker
- Temperature range from up to 250 degrees
- Capacity of up to 24.5 lbs.
- 3 removable racks
- Ash pan for easy clean-up
- Adjustable temperature controls, 10 different settings!
- Comes with a two-year warranty
- Self-levelling issue
- The door hinges can break
The Smoke Hollow 26142E 26-Inch Electric Smoker is one of the best all-around electric smokers on the market today.
We love the 3 racks that make cooking large quantities of food easy. It features a removable ash pan for easy clean up after your smoking experience. It comes with a two-year limited warranty.
The temperature control is very accurate, and it allows you to set the temperature up to 250 degrees. It is possible to add flavour to the food by adding smoke chips to the water pan. The food can be cooked in the smoker with or without smoke.
8. Masterbuilt Smoke Hollow SH19079518 Digital Electric Smoker
- Simple to use and clean
- Multiple pre-programmed options
- Large cooking area
Masterbuilt's Smoke Hollow Electric Smoker is a great model for the beginning or veteran backyard cook. Although small, it's packed with features and still doesn't skimp on the amount of smoke – or variety of product you can smoke.
Masterbuilt's electric smoker – and to be honest, most of the electric models – don't give you the smoky flavor they do on a live-fire smoker. But, the Masterbuilt's unique wireless remote allows you to control everything from inside your home.
No more having to open the smoker up, grab a flashlight, and check on the food. This is a huge plus in our book.
9. Masterbuilt Smoke Hollow 30162E 30-Inch Electric Smoker
This electric smoker from Masterbuilt proves everything you need in a smoker is basically two things: quality materials and a big cooking area. The Masterbuilt electric smoker is among the best according to the reviews we found.
It looks quite similar to a regular stove, so if you like the classic stove design but with a few extra bells and whistles, this is the perfect model for you. The cool thing about it is that it doesn’t take up a lot of space in your kitchen, and it’s extremely easy to use.
You can set the temperature up to 250 degrees, and the smoker will automatically adjust the temperature depending on the type of food you are smoking. It has a water pan that helps maintain the moisture in the air and makes the meat juicier.
10. Bradley Smoker BTDS108P 990223 Bradley Digital 6 Rack Smoker
- Highly efficient to maintain accurate temperatures
- Automatically adjusts for long or short smokes
- Detailed temperature control
- Set time limit to smoke food
- You can monitor it remotely via a Spyderweb app
- Can be used as a dryer for food preservation
- Extremely durable construction
- Easy to assemble
- Requires the use of wood pellets
The Bradley Smoker is a brand of smokers and grills which have become famous over the years. They have been highly rated and frequently listed as being one of the top devices of its kind to buy. They make a wide range of high quality smokers that are designed for the backyard or to be mobile. They have a limited 3 year warranty on parts and labor.
This Bradley smoker uses a digital touchpad to control the temperature and to set cooking times and other preferences. In terms of temperature, it can go up to around 275 degrees. The time that it takes to heat up will vary depending on necessary conditions and the amount of coals that are being used.
The cycle to get to extreme temperatures should take around 6 to 10 hours. The Bradley smoker requires about half of its necessary premium hard wood pellets per hour to smoke, and it can hold a maximum of 6 racks of meat at once.
11. Masterbuilt MB20073519 Bluetooth Digital Electric Smoker
- Easy to use control panel
- Perfect for beginners and experienced users alike
- Bluetooth enabled for iOS and Android devices
- 1-year limited warranty
- Light weight smoker may tip over
- Quality of materials can be improved
- Some smokers have reported cracks on the smoker lid
Masterbuilt 100-series is one of the best-selling smoker models on the market. It boasts a compact design, heavy-duty construction, and even heat circulation. It utilizes a 730-watt heater, which results in even smoking and quick heat-up times.
We love the Masterbuilt 100-series due to its affordability and ease of use. If you’re still unsure of which smoker is the best fit for you, our team recommends the Masterbuilt 100-series for its affordability, ease of use and quality of meat that tastes like BBQ was almost born inside this smoker.
The Masterbuilt 100-series comes in both a 30-inch and 40-inch model. Their smaller size makes them perfect for apartment dwellers, or for outdoor use. The 30-inch model will give you 730 square inches of cooking space, which is more than enough for a single person or couple.
12. Bradley Smoker BS611 Electric Smoker
- Easy to use
- Enough space to smoke as much meat as you want
- Easy to assemble and maintain
- Very convenient for weekend BBQs
- The recipe book isn't the best
- Not too adaptable because of limited space
The Bradley is an electric smoker designed to keep food warm for long periods of time. It is perfect for long holidays or for a long weekend BBQ. Whether you're smoking a large brisket, or a small hatchback, the Bradley will do it all.
It's easy to use. You just pour the cold water, wait a few moments, and fill the wood chip box. The device automatically maintains the temperature you need above the water, so you won't need to worry about adding any additional measures.
Yes, the space is somewhat limited so you can't fit an ox, but it's perfect for a large prime rib, or for roasting a game for a small party. The device is also easy to maintain so you'll never have to worry about problems with the wood or water supply.
13. Old Smokey Electric Smoker
- Robust design
- Fully adjustable cooking temperature
- Can control various settings with app
- Durable design
The Ole Hickory electric smoker is a fantastic option if you're looking to start smoking on your own. It comes with a durable non-stick steel water pan to ensure that the food is perfectly and evenly cooked. This unit is extremely versatile as the smoke box, grills, and overall construction can be configured and reconfigured to accommodate any kind of food smoking desire.
And if you don't feel like doing it yourself, then you can buy packages of various meats and marinades ready to go from their website. An added bonus is that you can also access their Facebook community which includes thousands of recipes for smoking meat and fish of all imaginable varieties.
Bottom line: The Ole Hickory electric smoker is extremely easy to use and can accommodate any entire range of meats that you want to smoke. It's also easy to get more recipes for the device.
14. Masterbuilt 20070112 Cold Smoking Kit
- A no-frills 14’ smoker
- Cold smoke capabilities come with a digital temperature controller and a cartridge system as well
- This smoker has a huge viewing window
- At 110 lbs, it’s lighter than other smokers in this price range
Manuals for this smoker are not available for the first-time user. It comes with an excellent door lock, and the 12 V power outlet is 5 Amps.
15. Masterbuilt MB20071619 Mes 140s Digital Electric Smoker
- Push button electric smoker
- The smoker has a window in it so you can see the food while it cooks through an electric element
- The smoker´s temperature ranges from 150 to 450 degrees F
- Gets’s the job done for most basic smoking techniques
- Can smoke up to seven pounds at a time
- 1 year warranty
16. Char-Broil Vertical Electric Smoker
- Grill heats up to 300 degrees Fahrenheit
- Dimensions-15.5 x 12.75 x 37 in
- Yoder wood smoking chips for all-natural flavoring
- The legs lock into place for proper air flow
- Includes metal meat hooks to hold meat
- The metal’s a bit flimsy
- The legs won’t stay locked in place
- Poor customer service
The Char-Broil Vertical Electric Smoker has a 700-watt heating element for high-temperature cooking. It’s rather spacious with 675 cubic inches of space which is plenty of room for a large roast.
It has a large porcelain-coated steel water pan under the smoking racks which keeps your food from sitting directly on the grill.
The nonstick grilling grates are removable and easy to clean. There’s a built-in digital temperature/timer control at the front of the Char Broil.
17. Masterbuilt MB20074719 Bluetooth Digital Electric Smoker
- Dual Bluetooth and WI-FI connectivity
- Digital control panel with battery backup
- Compatible with Alexa and Google
- The mobile app enables you to customize the smoking settings on your phone
- Precise temperature control
- Four operating modes: meat, poultry, fish and cheese
- High dome lid makes it easy to smoke meats, fruits and vegetables
- Wide feeder door
- Digital temperature gauge
- Melts some of the plastic handles during the first use
- Can’t set the temperature high enough
- Does not come with a remote
- Fails to maintain constant temperature
- Hard to get the food to smoke evenly
Masterbuilt makes one of the best smokers in the US. Coming in 3, 4, and 5-inch models, all in stainless steel, the Masterbuilt MBSeries electric smoker takes the title when it comes to modern smokers.
It has advanced Bluetooth and WI-Fi connectivity along with the company’s proprietary iGrill3 mobile app. The app gives you an added degree of control to the entire process.
18. Char-Broil 17202004 Digital Electric Smoker
- Great for beginners
- Fully-integrated temperature controls
- Very affordable price
- Huge cooking area
- Comes with a one-year warranty
When you're new to smoking meat, you don't need to pay more than a few hundred dollars to get a decent electric smoker. In fact, the Char-Broil digital electric smoker offers the best value for lower priced smokers.
The Char-Broil Digital Electric Smoker is a more affordable smoker with a larger capacity than the other budget options on this list. It has enough room to smoke 31 whole chicken breasts at once.
19. The Unofficial Masterbuilt Smoker Cookbook: A BBQ Smoking Guide & 100 Electric Smoker Recipes
- It includes 100 delicious recipes
- Offers you everything you need to know about electric smokers
- Gives you the basics of BBQing
You either love or hate barbecue, but even if you love it you will most likely fall in love with this book. The author is an avid electric smoker fan and takes you through every step of the process. It includes recipes and a detailed explanation of the processes involved in BBQing.
This book is there for you if you want to expand your smoking horizons, and it will be a permanent addition in your cookbook library.
20. Masterbuilt 20077515 Front Controller Electric Smoker
- Good temperature control
- Extremely versatile
- Large cooking space
- Priced well to afford
- Oddly tall
- Time needed for assembly
- Temperature probe comes loose
Stainless Steel or Black Finish.
Masterbuilt electric smokers are different than the traditional metal smokers. They’re more like a scaled down version of a large outdoor smoker.
They offer some unique advantages over their traditional counterparts, including easy temperature control and more compact size. The Masterbuilt Electric Smoker is a brand name grill that offers ample cooking space of 420 square inches.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best brand of electric smokers?
The best brand of smoker is Masterbuilt. It’s non-clunky, it’s got a high quality, and it’s got a reasonable price. It’s a smoker you can use year round – not just for summer cookout.
Let’s take a look at some of the features that make Masterbuilt the best brand of electric smokers.
Its adjustable temperature range is from 100 to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. You can set it on the 100-degree temperature setting for great tasting, slow cooked meats for smoking. Or you can increase the temperature to make sure your finished products have a perfectly crispy outer layer.
Directions for use are included with your smoker. Make sure you follow them carefully, particularly the one about maintaining a 250-degree temperature and keeping the lid closed.
Are electric smokers any good?
If you cannot go without smoking a lot of meat or fish, an electric smoker is a fast and easy solution to prepare delicious food without your meat turning into ash or charcoal. The non-stick smoking system of electric smokers makes the cleaning process a breeze, and the easy-to-use interface makes for simple and precise temperature control. However, electric smokers have some disadvantages.
Electric smokers are less efficient in smoking large quantities of meat.
Unless you are willing to shell out more money, you would have to deal with less power as these smokers have low power motors.
If you care less about the aesthetics of your smoker, an electric smoker is for you.
What is the biggest electric smoker?
If it doesn’t fit on your back porch, it won’t fit in your barbecue. As one of the most basic questions you can ask, it’s also the most important. If you don’t have room to move around your smoker, you won’t be able to hang the meat, change the meat, tend the fire and as a result, you won’t be able to enjoy it as much as you could.
However, if you can handle a few limitations, then you have a large selection of electric smokers you can choose from because they are so compact and less intrusive.
What is the best electric smoker for under 200?
In case you don’t have the time to source for different components or in case you just want to try out your hand at smoking, an electric smoker is your best bet.
Dramatically different from the gas powered smokers, electric smokers appear like ovens but work like a grill. You just need to put your meat in a tray, open it and set the settings and it will be smoked for hours.
They are good for smoking different meats like chicken, bacon, salmon and ham, and are slightly different from the standard kind. Some of the advanced electric smokers, along with an LCD display, can even make some extra additions like a meat probe, meat temperature control, and meat post.
Best way to determine which one is the best smoker for you is to go through the available products and check out their features. Remember to check the product weight too.
As always, our goal is to help you cut through some of the confusion and get to what will be the best electric smoker for your situation.
The electric smokers we recommend here are not just affordable, but they are dependable, sturdy, and work really great.
They can give you the benefits of an electric smoker with less cleanup and no hassle, while getting that authentic smoked flavor.
|Weber 22-inch Smokey Mountain Cooker||Best Overall|
|Easy Off Professional Fume Free Max Oven Cleaner||Budget Pick|
|Bradley Smoker BTDS108P 990223 Bradley Digital 6 Rack Smoker||Upgrade Pick|