There’s nothing like a delicious, smoked meal that you can’t wait to dig into. Smoked meats, fish, vegetables, and more are some of the most delicious meals out there.
However, the process of smoking your food can be quite intimidating for some people. By that point, it’s often too late.
You bet. Believe it or not, there’s a better alternative to propane smokers that can make smoking your favorite meals easy and convenient.
|Cuisinart COS-244 Vertical 36" Propane Smoker||Best Overall|
|Weber 17139 Apple Wood Chunks||Budget Pick|
|Masterbuilt MB20050716 Mps 330g Propane Smoker||Upgrade Pick|
1. Cuisinart COS-244 Vertical 36" Propane Smoker
- Fast, even cooking results
- Low Emission Design for high smoke control
- Automatic temperature control
- Easy to clean
- 6' hose
- Makes a great gift
- The knobs are somewhat hard to turn
- The adjustable dampeners are somewhat flimsy
When it comes to smoking some of the best meat in your backyard in a clean and efficient way, the Cuisinart COS-244 stands above the rest. As a countertop smoker this Cuisinart delivers high-quality performance that won’t break the bank. It offers 100% convenience and is ideal for smaller outdoor spaces.
The COS-244 is a well-built smoker, that ensures your meat will be high-quality. It comes with a large cooking area made from durable cast-aluminum. It is also designed to be easy to use and store.
The Kitchener 240 even has an automatic pellet feeder for your wood chips. This will make it so that you don’t have to physically load your chips, just set it and put your meat on.
2. Weber 17139 Apple Wood Chunks
- Larger capacity than most
- Sure to catch fire quickly, thanks to its sawdust type material
- Apple wood flavor is delicious with most meats, especially Steaks
- Affordable price tag
- 6 Cubic Feet
- Great wood flavor
- An all around great buy for most users
- Must be placed on a solid surface
- Must be wet long before use
- Doesn’t burn very long
Weber 4502 Applewood Chunks are perfect for grilling or smoking any meat at a minimum of 225 degrees Fahrenheit. Each piece is 5 inches in length and has a diameter of 1.5 inches.This wood has a mild apple flavor and is great for smoking or grilling a wide variety of foods.
Weber 4502 Applewood Chunks, 5-Pound Pack is made up of smaller pieces that help the wood burn faster. This product is more beneficial for shorter or small cooks, or for indirect grilling when trying to maintain a temperature in the grill.
For example, this product would be perfect for smoking a smaller amount of salmon fillets, but maybe not for smoking a rack of pork ribs.
3. LavaLock 1/2" x 1/8" High Temp Nomex BBQ HT Gasket Smoker Seal
- Plan your grilling in advance
- Accurate temperature control
- Great value for money
Smoking come in many varieties. It could either be the traditional square smokehouse grill or a wheeled WSM (Weber Smokey Mountain). The first one is heavy and uses wood for grilling. The second one uses charcoal as a heat source.
The best gauge material for building smokers is high-temperature silicone gasket material. It provides great heat diffusion and is easy to work with.
Using a quality material to build your smoker makes it durable and long lasting. Using it requires minimal effort and time. It’s inexpensive and can be purchased in small quantities. This material will work in almost any smoker. It doesn’t require any special equipment or techniques to work.
4. Weber 6605 Original Rib Rack
- Universal fit
- Adjustable design accommodates almost any grill
- This grill rack has a lifetime warranty
This grill rack from Weber is a multi-position rib rack that allows you to prepare ribs like a pro. It fits all standard 14" x 22.5" grills. It will also allow you to smoke longer and fit a lot more meat on the grill.
As its name suggests, this product is perfect for those of you who like to use your grill for smoking as well. It features strategically placed holes that will allow the smoke from your grill to flow under your pork spareribs.
The rack has enough holes to fit seven racks of ribs, which should satisfy even the biggest families on the block.
5. Masterbuilt MB20051316 Propane Smoker
- Big enough to cook for the whole family
- Q-Probe thermometer included – easy to read from the top
- Easy to assemble
- Very efficient and powerful
- Lighting mechanism is very easy
- Food can be left for a long time without spoiling
- All parts are dishwasher-safe
- Smoker function is very simple
- Very easy to read and interpret
- Instructions might be confusing for some
- Water pan is a little hard to see
Masterbuilt is a well-known brand in the world of grilling and this smoker ensures there’s no disappointment with its cooking functionality.
The smoker is an ingenious creation of Masterbuilt that allows you to smoke, fry, grill, roast, and braise among other things.
It takes about twenty-five minutes to assemble this smoker. It is powered by propane, so there’s no need for any electricity, which is fantastic. It’s also easy to use and you can control the fire from the top, which makes it easier and more convenient.
6. Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet
- Cast iron is a fantastic, healthy, and durable material for cooking
- Pre-seasoned and ready for use right away
- Made in the USA
- Best value for the money in the long run
- These are no lightweight pans
- You cannot use metal utensils
- Cooking with cast iron can take longer than cooking with other materials
For centuries people have been using cast iron pans to prepare their meals the same way their parents and their grandparents did. The reason why cast iron pans have been able to stand the test of time is because they’re extremely durable, they’re healthy, and easy to use.
Cast iron pans can last for generations and have always been the cheapest and most alternative to traditional stainless steel pans. Best of all here comes a USA-made cast iron skillet that is pre-seasoned and ready for use right out of the box for the healthiest cooking experience.
This skillet is a one-of-a-kind piece of cookware and is perfect for re-creating the best seared steaks, the most succulent eggs, and the healthiest stir-fries.
7. Camp Chef Natural Gas Connection Kit
- Easy to use
- Durable cast iron grates
- Holds temperature well
- Reasonably priced
- Some assembly required
- The side burner isn’t removable
This gas smoker from Camp Chef is a breeze to use. What we love most about this model is that you can either smoke with charcoal or wood chips.
The temperature on the Camp Chef is easily regulated with the smart valve system. The tank on the side stays cool and the outside is vented to allow any heat to escape.
We recommend using the Camp Chef to smoke your foods on and then finish them off on the side burner for even more flavor.
8. Masterbuilt MB20050716 Mps 330g Propane Smoker
- 2400-watt electric start
- Adjustable heat control
- Efficient cooking with consistent temperature and smoke
- Easy to use with digital thermostat
- LED pumps for monitoring temperature for better smoker performance
- Meat probe that can alert you when meat is ready
- Made of stainless steel and aluminum foil and drip pan
- Easy to clean
- Comes in 25-pound propane tank
- 452 sq in of cooking area
- 4-hour warm-up period
- Cannot bypass warm-up
- Mylar window scratched easily
The Masterbuilt Mps 330gb Cold Smoker is a popular, affordable pellet grill. With a large pellet hopper and deep pellet chamber, it will make smoking meat a breeze.
The Mps 330gb Product also offers 30-inch Thermotemp® digital electric smoker with an LED temperature display. It provides even heating and reliable cooking, as the digital thermostat shows the internal temperature of the food being cooked.
This is one of the most customer-friendly pellet grills out there. With its simple design, you will be enjoying smoking meat right away. Let’s not forget that smoking meat doesn’t have to be hard.
9. A-MAZE-N Tube Smoker 12"
- It is made of enamel steel for longer life
- The design allows for charcoal to be burned around the meat for more efficient smoking
- The design makes it simple to adjust airflow for greater smoke retention
- Corners are angled to simplify the smoking of briskets and other large cuts
- Take it with you on camping and tailgating trips
- Open the smoking box for an optimal heat source
- Mount the unit on the wall like a trophy
- The product remains efficient for years
- The plastic pieces don’t fit very tight
- The paint turns to rust after heavy use
- Need to be supervised during use
- The thermometer is inaccurate
A-MAZE-N is one of the fastest-growing producers of propane smoking products like the A-MAZE-N Tube Smoker. It's easy to use and made to last a lifetime.
The design is made to give heat and smoke to a whole army of meat. This means it's up to the task whenever you need it. You can easily adjust the chimney height by simply tilting the rear panel.
10. Smoke Hollow PS4415 Propane Smoker
- Multiple racks
- Quick and easy assembly
- Adjustable smoke stacks
There are a lot of propane smokers out there, but this one is durable and high-quality. We'd call this model a no-frills basic smoker, but that's no bad thing. You don't need a lot of features to get great results with it.
It stands 33" high, so it'll require a bit of storage space, but at 24.5" width it's a basic, solid smoker that you can put to many uses. Of course, as you're going to be using a smoker for larger cuts of meat, you'll need to know that the PS4415 can handle pieces that weigh up to 100lbs in weight.
As the lid doesn't seal up too tight, this is a smoker that needs a little more maintenance than others. But, at least you can use the water pan to catch the spillage in, and the vents mean that you can keep a close eye on the temperature at all times.
11. Masterbuilt MB20050116 MPS 20B Patio-2-Portable Propane Smoker
- Low budget
- Good temperature control
- Digital display
- Perfect for beginners
- Simple assembly
- 13-foot power cord gives you
What We Like:
- The smoker comes with a user manual, an 8-foot propane hose, and four cooking grates.
- The temperature gauge allows the user to regulate the temperature
- The unit delivers 24,000 BTU which is more than enough to make sure that the food is properly smoked.
- The unit comes with two doors to ensure that there is proper circulation of air.
- The smoker is constructed from steel which helps to reduce the overall weight of the unit.
- The unit comes with a convenient front mounted thermometer which makes the temperature adjustment easier.
- The unit comes with a dome tempered glass window which means that one can monitor the progress of the food.
- The hinged door allows for an easy access to the unit.
- The two charcoal access ports make it easy for one to load more coals.
- The temperature gauge ensures that the meat is well smoked to perfection.
What We Didn’t Like:
12. Dyna-Glo DGY784BDP 36" Vertical LP Gas Smoker
- Its durable powder-coated steel construction will last you a lifetime
- 36 inches and temperature gauge
- The compact size makes it perfect for apartment living
- The significant 183 square inch cooking surface
- The included wood chip box can accommodate an additional 18-20 lbs of chips
- It has a sleek design and has a solid construction
- Contains a smoker box for wood chips
- Comes with a warming rack
- Comes with a 3-year limited warranty
- The main smoke stack is positioned on the left side
- Smoker door and the gauge are on opposite sides of the smoker which can pose a problem when trying to do things quickly
- The temperature gauge beeps when the set temperature is reached, but there no alarm when you reach your desired temperature
- Takes a longer time to reach the desired temperature of 225 degrees Fahrenheit than other smokers in its price range
13. A-MAZE-N AMNPS5x8PF Maze Pellet Smoker
- Produces competition quality BBQ
- Easy to use
- Burns substantially longer than the standard lava rocks
- Gas powered with adjustable temperature
- Cannot be used for indoors
- Pellets are expensive
You CAN make competition style BBQ at home without spending a fortune or tons of effort. All it takes is a little wood gasification unit like the AMNPS from A-MAZE-N. The AMNPS is currently the most popular unit for gasification. It's easy to use, user friendly and produces the same high quality CO2 that the professionals use. The unit is fueled with available BBQ or meat smoker pellets. The unit is made from high grade aluminum and stainless steel materials. The unit is small and packs well with any BBQ grills or smokers.
14. Char-Broil Vertical Liquid Propane Gas Smoker
- Sturdy construction
- Simple to setup
- Produces high-quality smoked food and meat
- Hard to clean
- The included vent is wonky
We consider the Char-Broil Vertical Liquid Propane Gas Smoker-30 Inch, Black as the one of best propane smokers you can get this year. The fact that it is vertically positioned makes it a nifty addition to any outdoor cooking lineup.
This smoker has a porcelain steel water bowl and a firebox for additional fuel efficiency and convenience. The firebox is attached to the hood so it is protected, helping it retain longer. It allows you to use woodchips or wood chunks as the smoke source.
This smoker has two doors with both of them being air-tight and has two access points to the water pan. The base of the smoker is designed for portability and easy storage and it has wheels.
15. Masterbuilt 44241G2 Gas Smoker
- Wide, deep aluminum Smoker cooking grates
- Offset Smoker design for smoke extraction
- Generous smoking capacity
- Easy programming
There is an array of reasons why the Masterbuilt 44241G2 is one of the best options available. The oven is large enough to smoke an entire turkey. You can cook a huge amount of meat at once with this smoker.
It is so easy to use and maintain because it’s designed to be user friendly. Anyone can perfectly assemble it in just a few hours. You can easily control the heat and temperature because the controller is digital. Users have pointed out that it even comes with a handy guide.
The temperature range is from 40 to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. It heats up incredibly quickly. Most users found it heats up within 30 minutes, so you don’t have to wait long to start smoking after you finish building it. The thermostat is responsive and accurate and keeps a steady temperature for hours.
16. Masterbuilt 20050614
The Masterbuilt smokes using propane, natural gas, or charcoal (use of charcoal is not recommended).
It has the ability to masterfully smoke, roast, grill, bake, and BBQ your meat.
This unit’s temperature can be accurately regulated between 100-250 degrees Fahrenheit (38-121 degrees Celsius).
17. Masterbuilt GS40 20050211 Black Propane Smoker
- Very easy to set-up and use
- Includes water pan and instruction guide
- Very affordable
- 3 year limited warranty
The Masterbuilt GS40 Propane Smoker is for people who want to get the most out of their budget. It comes in a rugged and compact design. The smoker has a front access wood chip loading that is designed to be easy to use and quick to reload. It also includes a water pan that has a fire box and an 8-hour heat knob regulator for more heat control. It also features a porcelain-coated cast iron cooking area which is coated twice to ensure durability. The smoker is made from stainless steel with a backlit LED control panel for ease of use outdoors.
It also includes a temperature gauge which makes it easy to tell when your meat is ready. The smoker also includes twin grills, water pan, and a aluminum grease channel.
This smoker is the perfect choice for anyone who wants the nice taste of meat cooked on a wood chip. This is not an outdoor smoker so it’s suitable for smaller events. This smoker only holds 20 pounds of food so you do have to replenish the wood a few times. You should note that depending on the size of the meat, it could take 6-8 hours for it to cook.
18. Landmann USA 3895GWLA Smoky Mountain Vertical Gas Smoker
- Build quality is great
- Huge cooking space
- Well balanced
- Super easy to use and assemble
- The racks are easily removed
- Really huge size
- Propane regulator is not included
The second product on our list of best propane smokers is coming from a trusted brand, the Landmann USA 3895GWLA Smoky Mountain Vertical Gas Smoker. It seems to be a durable product with a huge cooking chamber and comes for a decent price.
The construction of the Landmann Vertical Gas Smoker makes it possible to cook a variety of different foods. It features a 26-inch-wide, 100% leak-proof water pan in a recessed area on the bottom of the unit. With this design, having a fresh warm water supply is always the case.
When it comes to construction, it uses strong steel and double-walled painted steel. It also has a cooking area which is huge too. Its size also means that it needs reasonable space.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best propane smoker on the market?
There are several things to look for when deciding on your perfect smoker. Do you prefer smoking more frequently or less frequently? Do you want your smoker to connect to your grill? Do you want a smoker that’s capable of smoking large amounts of meat or is it just enough to feed your family?
The best propane smokers have a few things in common. The most important commonality is that they all have a stainless steel body. Stainless steel is the most durable and efficient material for a smoker interior. Stainless steel is also easy to clean. Second, they all have an electric control panel. Lastly, they’re all portable enough to bring with you camping, tailgating, or to the beach.
Are propane smokers any good?
If you’ve never used a propane smoker before, you may be wary. Some people only use an electric smoker, or even wood-fired smokers. And, that’s fair. Gas smokers aren’t for everyone and they can be more finicky than other types of smokers. That said, propane smokers are becoming much more popular with outdoor cooking enthusiasts.
Why? Well, propane smokers are affordable, easy to use, and convenient. People have been smoking food since approximately 3,000 BC and the art of smoking has developed over the years. A propane smoker is a technological advancement on thousands of years of established cooking tradition.
Using a propane smoker isn’t complicated, but there are some important things to understand.
What are the best gas smokers?
The best propane smokers for all your smoking needs, from steak, chicken, fish, and even pizza!
I’ve used these products extensively with a lot of hard work and complaint! That being said, yes, they’re definitely the best propane smokers, and therefore my top choice!
Enter your text here…
Which smokers are the best?
We took the time to find the highest rated smokers and pits online. We also picked out the small features that you may not master right away and that make a smoker stand out from the rest.
This is what we came up with.
What makes these propane smokers the best:
- Oversized 60” x 26” Cooking Area
- Enough space to prepare mutton shoulders, turkey breasts, and more
- Accurate thermometer to ensure that you have control of your cooking process
- Removable and stackable water basin
- Water pan to ensure that your meat is cooked over indirect heat
- Hinged lid with temperature gauge
- Cooking grates that can be easily taken out and washed after use
Welcome to our propane gas smoker reviews and buyer’s guide. We hope that we can help you determine which type of smoker is the best fit for you, what to look for when you are buying, and how to save money on a smoker. We were not paid for any of our reviews, we purchased everything ourselves, and we spent days of research before writing. We do earn affiliate commissions from Amazon, and if you buy something after clicking on our link, we make money.
|Cuisinart COS-244 Vertical 36" Propane Smoker||Best Overall|
|Weber 17139 Apple Wood Chunks||Budget Pick|
|Masterbuilt MB20050716 Mps 330g Propane Smoker||Upgrade Pick|